Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

1 package boneless pork, fat trimmed if necessary (my package had 6 or 7 thin filets)
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup mushrooms sliced
Olive oil
2 cups beef broth (low sodium, if store-bought)
1 cup white wine (optional)
Salt, pepper, herbs du provance

Saute onions & mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Add pork and brown on both sides. Add about 2 cups beef broth and simmer. Add white wine and reduce. Simmer about 20 minutes. Add seasonings.

Hands on this took about 10 minutes.

Comments: I served this with Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes and Homemade French Onion Soup. My 6-year old said it was better than spagetti and my husband said it was the best meal of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...