Wednesday, February 2, 2011

French Toast (More Nutritious Version)

4 slices of your favorite no-sugar added bread (I like Ezekial 4:9 brand and used the cinnamon raisin variety today)
2 eggs
1/4 cup 1% or no-fat milk, or a little less
Cinnamon (about a teaspoon, your preference)

Mix the egg, milk, and cinnamon and dip bread slices into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes per side. Serve as-is or with real maple syrup, or agave syrup, or spread with nut butter, no sugar added jelly, or fruit, etc.

Comments: Since school has been cancelled the last couple of days due to the incredibly cold weather, I have been trying out a variety of breakfast ideas. I grew up in Germany and my best friend for a few years was a French girl named Kim who taught me how to make French Toast. Every time I spent the night, we would cook this for breakfast. Over the years, I always made French Toast the same way. This recipe is pretty much the same version, modified only a little to make it more nutritious.

Two slices served with leftover chicken sausage. Drizzled with a little real maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...