Saturday, March 19, 2011

Garlic Parmesan Toast Points

These toast points are very easy to make and are a more nutritious alternative to garlic bread. They taste very good and would be a nice accompaniment to a pasta dish, hummus, tapenades, and/or soups, etc.


 
Ingredients:
5 or 6 slices of 100% sprouted, whole grain Ezekial 4:9 bread or try this link
About a quarter cup of a mix of parmesan/romano grated cheeses
Black pepper (about a 1/4 teaspoon)
Parsley
Garlic Powder (about 1 - 2 teaspoons, this will be heavily sprinkled)
Olive oil (about 1/2 to 1/3 cup)

How To:
Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut bread diagonally. Layer on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil or brush on olive oil (so it is evenly distributed on the bread in a thin layer). Sprinkle heavily with garlic powder, pepper, and cheeses. Finish with a sprinkling of parsley.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until browned. Make lots as they will not last long in your house!

Comments:
Regarding the Ezekial bread, my grocery store carries the orange, green, and red versions (as well as purple, which is cinnamon raison and which I use for breakfast). The orange is sprouted grain, the red is flourless or oat I think, and I believe the green is sesame. Anyway, my favorite right now is the sesame, but I make toast with all-natural jelly or almond butter on the cinnamon raisin. I have even been making muffalattas for my husband on this bread, which is dense enough that it doesn't get soggy. Please check to see what your grocery store carries and give them a try.


Also Toast "Squares"

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...