Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quick Caprese Salad

I love tomatoes, and this is a favorite snack of mine.
 

1 tomato, sliced
5 or 6 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
Basil (dried or fresh)
A sprinkling of sea salt and pepper,
Garlic powder (opt) - light dusting
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Slice tomatoes and arrange on plate. Arrange sliced mozzarella on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil--it is really important to use a good quality olive oil. Sprinkle with basil, salt, pepper, and a small amount of garlic powder.

Serve right away or refrigerate and serve later.

Comments: If you want to be a little fancier, be sure to use the best mozzarella cheese you can find, buffalo is often suggested for this recipe, and fresh garlic and basil. However, if you are out of time, you can throw this recipe together in five minutes. I will often slice my cheese and tomatoes in bite sized pieces and mix the entire thing together to serve as a side salad or appetizer. I go very light on the garlic powder as I don't want it to overpower the other flavors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...