Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vegetable Fried Brown Rice

2 to 2 1/2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
1 small onion, diced
1 T sesame oil
2  eggs, beaten with 1/2 t soy sauce and 1/2 t sesame oil
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 T soy sauce (low-sodium) - approximate, to taste

In wok or skillet and over medium heat, saute onions in a little sesame oil until browned. In the meantime, beat eggs with the 1/2 teaspoon each of low-sodium soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pan and cook about five minutes, the flip over and cook the other side (in one big piece) - about two to three minutes more. Use a spatula and chop into small pieces. Add rice, carrots, peas, and soy sauce to taste. Fry until cooked through, flipping if needed.

Comments: This was suprisingly better than I thought it would turn out. Husband loved --he kept asking me if I was sure it was healthy. Yes! As a side dish, this is probably 8 servings at least - filled an entire skillet. Maybe I made more than 2 cups?? Could have been three....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...