Sunday, October 23, 2011

Buttered Carrots AKA "Kettle" Carrots

I have never been a fan of cooked carrots and then my aunt made carrots with tarragon for Thanksgiving one year and everything changed. I mean, these are great carrots, and my sister and I started making them every year for our holiday dinners when I was growing up. I still wasn't a fan of plain, cooked carrots but cover them in tarragon, garlic, and butter, and you had a convert!

I was so excited to share these carrots with my husband and the little one and was absolutely crushed when neither liked them. "Ew.. what's that funny seasoning? You know I don't like cilantro..." and me defending them, "it's not cilantro, it's tarragon!" ha! all for naught. They would not eat them. So, this recipe came out of a desire to make carrots we all liked. I couldn't eat them with simply butter and they couldn't eat them with garlic and tarrgon and so, why not try something sweet and salty.... like kettle corn....

Ingredients:
5 or 6 carrots, peeled and sliced (about two cups)
About 2 tbsp organic butter from grass-fed cows or ghee
Sea salt and pepper to taste
A pinch of coconut sugar or maple sugar, seriously, just a pinch (less than 1/4 tsp)

How To:
1. Add carrots to a small saucepan and cover with water. Salt water and bring to a boil.


2. Boil about 10 minutes until done. Drain and return to saucepan.

3. Season with butter, salt, pepper, and sprinkling of sugar. Stir to mix and serve warm.


Comments: I am not a big cooked carrots fan, but these are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...