Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mushrooms and Onions

This is a favorite dish around the house--we like it so much, it is a regular at our Thanksgiving dinner. It is so simple and easy and so very good, I hope you'll give it a try.


Ingredients:
2 packages of sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium onion, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
About 3 to 4 tbsp organic butter (preferrably from grass-fed cows)
Optional seasonings - thyme, parsley, a splash of balsalmic or white wine vinegar

How To:
1. (optional step, see comments below) Boil mushrooms about 10 minutes until reduced in size.

2. In the meantime, saute garlic and onions in oil/butter over medium heat. When onions are tender, add mushrooms and saute another 5-15 minutes until done. The range is wide because I like my mushrooms cooked until a little crispy on the edges, but you may not. If you've boiled them, they are cooked and you only need the time in the pan to mix together.

3. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.

Comments:
Alternatively, you could just add the uncooked mushrooms to the saute pan after the onions are done. Either way is fine. Sometimes I think they should be cooked first and other times I am fine just throwing them all in the pan.

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...