Friday, October 28, 2011

Spicy Potato Wedges

I know I say this a lot, but these are delicious!! Super easy side dish and you can adjust the heat.



3 medium to large Russet potatoes (you could use sweet potatoes too)
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
1/4 tsp cayenne (red) pepper - more or less to adjust heat level, this is probably a "medium"
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp maple sugar
About 1/2 cup olive oil

How To:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Season: Measure out all seasonings and combine in a baggie or bowl. Wash potatoes really well and then cut into wedges (quarter potato and then cut each quarter into wedges (1/8ths). Add to baggie or bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat.


2. Cook: Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or foil. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until potatoes are done. Serves about four to six.

Comments: I think you could arrange these potatoes on a dish and then cover with chili and grated cheddar cheese and have a most excellent homemade chili cheese fries. This was my husband's idea, actually, and so I'm adding a "guy stuff" label to this post!

 
This recipe was featured on Busy Monday and Just Another Meatless Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...