Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Warm Cinnamon Apples

We used this filling for Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Crepes, made with Sweet Crepes, but it could easily be a sweet treat on its own or part of another dessert.



Ingredients:
3 medium organic apples (I used Gala), chopped
3 tbsp. good quality butter, try this
A drizzle of organic maple syrup (about 2 tbsp.), try this
A sprinkling of ground cinnamon (about 1-2 tsp.)
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 tbsp. apple liqueur, apple brandy, etc. I used Root, and highly recommend

How To:
Combine ingredients above in a medium sized saucepan and cook over medium to low heat until apples are softened, about 10-15 minutes.


Comments: This stuff is delicious, I could eat it on its own all day long! Pretty quick and easy to make (just throw everything together and simmer). If you have not heard of Root liquor, I encourage you to try it and read its story here. This recipe makes about 8-10 two tablespoon servings (two servings, or four tablespoons, are shown in the pictures).

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...